To be eligible to hold a Commercial Pilot Licence you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Speak, read and understand English at a minimum of aviation level 4 English language proficiency
- Hold or be eligible for a flight radiotelephone licence
- Pass the 7 CPL written examinations set by CASA
- Pass a Class 1 medical exam with a designated aviation medical examiner
- Meet aeronautical experience requirements of at least 200 hours flight time including:
- at least 190 hours of flight time as a pilot*
- at least 100 hours of flight time as a pilot in command for an aeroplane*
- at least 20 hours of cross-country flight time as a pilot in command for an aeroplane*
- at least 10 hours of instrument time*
- at least 5 hours of instrument flight time in an aeroplane*
Hours already accrued toward Recreational Pilot Certificate and Recreational Pilot Licence may be credited toward the CPL course.
* Minimum CASA hour requirements.