The Recreational Pilot Licence (RPL) is a great starting point for those who want to fulfil their dream of taking to the skies. The RPL is designed to take you from no flying experience all the way through to getting your first pilot’s licence. The RPL, issued by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA), allows the holder to fly general aviation aircraft to 1,500kg and within 25nm of their departure point.
Recreational Pilot Licence - Overview
To be eligible to hold an RPL you must:
- Pass a Basic Class 2 Medical
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Pass the Recreational Pilot Licence written theory exam
- Meet aeronautical experience requirements of 25 hours flight time including:
- at least 20 hours of dual flight; and*
- at least 5 hours of solo flight time*
- Pass a flight test (an additional 1.2 hours flight)
- Complete a general English language proficiency assessment (oral)
* Minimum CASA hour requirements.
Flight options Pilot Academy also offers flight training for the below listed RPL training endorsements:
- Controlled Aerodrome Endorsement
- Controlled Aerospace Endorsement
- Flight Radio Endorsement
- Recreational Navigation Endorsement
To apply, simply complete the enquiry form below and one of our staff will be in touch shortly with more information.